Visitors to Tama are sure to enjoy the shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's zoo, theme park and hot springs. Around the area, top sights include Meiji Jingu Shrine, Tokyo Tower and Museum of Japanese Houses.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodation options in Tama
- The closest major airport is in Tokyo (HND-Haneda), 20.2 mi (32.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Tokyo (NRT-Narita Intl.), 54.1 mi (87.1 km) away
Getting around Tama
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Tama is a breeze. Head over to Tama-Center Metro Station to catch the metro. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Tama Nagayama Station, Tama-Center Station or Odakyu tamacenter station.
Dressing for Tama
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 16°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -3°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and -2°C as the night-time average
- About 38 millimetres of rain falls on Tama each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 28°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -2°C