- Kyoto University
- 7 min walk
- Heian Shrine
- 3 min drive
- Nanzenji Temple
- 4 min drive
- Osaka (ITM-Itami)
- 59 min drive
Choose dates to view prices
Book online or call:1 800 1 114 2468
About this area
Located in Kyoto, Hostel Ginkakuji is in the historical district and on a river. Heian Shrine and Kyoto Imperial Palace are notable landmarks, and some of the area's popular attractions include Kyoto Aquarium and Toei Kyoto Studio Park. Kyoto Municipal Zoo and Funaoka Thermal Bath are also worth visiting.
- Kyoto University - 7 min walk
- Heian Shrine - 3 min drive
- Nanzenji Temple - 4 min drive
- Kyoto Imperial Palace - 5 min drive
- Yasaka Shrine - 5 min drive
- Kyoto Mototanaka Station - 6 min drive
- Higashiyama Station - 9 min drive
- Osaka (KIX-Kansai Intl.) - 102 min drive
About this property
Special check-in instructions
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 3 children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets not allowed
- A city tax will be collected at the property effective 1 October 2018. The city tax ranges from JPY 200–1,000 per person, per night based on the nightly room rate. Please note that further exemptions may apply. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at the time of service, check-in or check-out.
- Self-parking fee: JPY 900 per day
- Late check-in fee for check-in between 9 PM and midnight (amount varies)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- This property only accepts cash for all bookings and on-site payments. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
We should mention
Property is also known as
- Hostel Ginkakuji Kyoto
- Hostel Ginkakuji Hostel/Backpacker accommodation
- Hostel Ginkakuji Hostel/Backpacker accommodation Kyoto
- Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
- Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Parking and public transport
- Self parking: JPY 900 per day
Things to do
- Bike hire
- Laundry facilities
- Separate dining area
- Front-desk safe
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Laundry facilities
- Luggage storage
- Multilingual staff
- Designated smoking areas
- Shared microwave
- Shared fridge
- TV in reception
- Air conditioning
- Shared bathroom
Food and drink
- Dining room
- Electric kettle
- Rice cooker
- Shared kitchen
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Separate sitting area
Small place, bad location, too many rules
The place is really small with thin walls/floors. The guests next door have kids running around till mid night so we couldn't sleep. Location is not good. The only interesting things nearby are the Ginkakuji castle and the Philosopher's path. Everything else is located at least 4 km away or 30 mins away by bus. (They have rental bikes and free wifi) There are rules sticking everywhere in the house. Which makes you feel unwelcome.
Pros: - Clean bathrooms and toilets - Free wifi device - Rental bikes
Location: Ginkakuji is 5 min walk