Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide.
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Shanghai, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, shopping and temples. This city also attracts tourists with its sightseeing and restaurants. Top sights in the city include The Bund, Jing'an Temple and Shanghai Tower.
- There are 1634 hotels and other accommodation options in Shanghai
- The closest major airport is in Shanghai (SHA-Hongqiao Intl.), 8 mi (12.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Shanghai (PVG-Pudong Intl.), 20.3 mi (32.7 km) away
Getting around Shanghai
With so many choices for transport, seeing Shanghai is a breeze. You can access metro transport at People's Square Station, Dashijie Station and Xinzha Road Station. If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Shanghai Railway Station, Shanghai South Railway Station or Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station.
Dressing for Shanghai
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 15°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 29°C, whilst the average at night is 9°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 32°C with night-time averages of 19°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 24°C and nighttime averages of 3°C
- Shanghai gets about 1151 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 30°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 3°C