Kyoto Hotels from P898
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide.
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Oct 16, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Feb 17, 2020
Reviewed on Feb 28, 2020
Where to stay in Kyoto
5/5Exceptional!(12 area reviews)
Ancient temples blend with modern architectural treasures while markets, museums, dining and shopping streets showcase thousands of years of Japanese traditions.
4.5/5Wonderful!(3 area reviews)
Experience a traditional tea ceremony or a night of cultural entertainment within the historic wooden teahouses of this well-preserved Kyoto district.
Experience sensory delights at the Kitchen of Kyoto, shop for souvenirs, take an art class and visit a sacred temple in this central neighborhood.
Charming craft shops, ceremonious teahouses and tiny cafés spill out from the traditional wooden façades of this historic pair of lanes below Kiyomizu-dera Temple.
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Kyoto, and visitors give high marks for the temples, beautiful gardens and local tours. This cultural city also attracts tourists with its monuments. Top sights in the city include Kyoto Imperial Palace, Nijo Castle and Kiyomizu Temple.
- There are 1684 hotels and other accommodation options in Kyoto
- The closest major airport is in Osaka (ITM-Itami), 24 mi (38.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Kobe (UKB), 40 mi (64.4 km) away
Getting around Kyoto
With so many transport options, seeing Kyoto is a breeze. Walk to nearby metro stations like Kyoto Shiyakusho-mae Station, Shiyakusho-mae Station and Sanjo Keihan Station. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Kyoto Sanjo Station, Kyoto Jingu-marutamachi Station or Kyoto Kawaramachi Station.
Dressing for Kyoto
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 16°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 29°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 25°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 1155 millimetres of rain falls on Kyoto each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C