Visitors to Kamakura are sure to enjoy the temples and beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and parks. Around the area, top sights include Hakkeijima Sea Paradise, Sankei-en Park and Yokohama Stadium.
- You'll find 198 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Yokohama
- The closest major airport is in Tokyo (HND-Haneda), 21.1 mi (34 km) from the city centre
Getting around Kamakura
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Kamakura is simple. You can take advantage of metro transport at Shonan-Fukasawa Station, Shonan-Machiya Station and Fujimicho Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Kamakura Station, Kita-Kamakura Station or Kamakura Ofuna Station.
Dressing for Kamakura
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -2°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and -1°C as the night-time average
- Kamakura gets about 1155 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 28°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -1°C