Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide.
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Mar 1, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 2, 2020
Travellers to Yokohama give high marks for the Chinatown, shopping and bustling port. This city also attracts tourists with its theme park, museums and sightseeing. Top sights in the city include Shinyokohama Raumen Museum, Yokohama Museum of Art and Landmark Tower.
- There are 199 hotels and other accommodation options in Yokohama
- The closest major airport is in Tokyo (HND-Haneda), 14.7 mi (23.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Tokyo (NRT-Narita Intl.), 51.9 mi (83.5 km) away
Getting around Yokohama
With so many ways to get around, exploring Yokohama is a breeze. You can take advantage of metro transport at Mitsuzawakamicho Station, Kawawacho Station and Katakuracho Station. If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Yokohama Tsurugamine Station, Yokohama Futamatagawa Station or Yokohama Nishiya Station. You can find out about options for water transport at the port.
Dressing for Yokohama
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -2°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and -1°C as the night-time average
- Yokohama gets about 1155 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 28°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -1°C