Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide.
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visitors can enjoy all that Kawagoe has to offer including the museums, monuments and sightseeing tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's opera houses, golf courses and festivals. A top sight in the area is Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building.
- You'll find 52 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Saitama
- The closest major airport is in Tokyo (HND-Haneda), 30.5 mi (49 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Tokyo (NRT-Narita Intl.), 51.7 mi (83.2 km) away
Getting around Kawagoe
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Kawagoeshi station, Kamifukuoka station or Wakaba station. Kawagoe might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Kawagoe
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 16°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -3°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and -2°C as the night-time average
- About 38 millimetres of rain falls on Kawagoe each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 28°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -2°F