Visitors can enjoy all that Kawagoe has to offer including the museums, monuments and sightseeing tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's opera houses, golf courses and festivals. A top sight in the area is Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building.
- You'll find 52 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Saitama
- The closest major airport is in Tokyo (HND-Haneda), 30.5 mi (49 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Tokyo (NRT-Narita Intl.), 51.7 mi (83.2 km) away
Getting around Kawagoe
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Kawagoeshi station, Kamifukuoka station or Wakaba station. Kawagoe might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Kawagoe
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 16°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -3°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and -2°C as the night-time average
- About 38 millimetres of rain falls on Kawagoe each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 28°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -2°F