Visitors can enjoy all that Machida has to offer including the parks, entertainment choices and football games. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafes and live music. Meiji Jingu Shrine, Tokyo Tower and Museum of Japanese Houses are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodation options in Machida
- The closest major airport is in Tokyo (HND-Haneda), 20 mi (32.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Tokyo (NRT-Narita Intl.), 55.4 mi (89.2 km) away
Getting around Machida
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Machida Tamagawagakuen-mae Station, Tokyo Tamagawagakuen-mae Station or Naruse station. Machida might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Machida
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 16°C during the day and -3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 27°C, whilst the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 30°C with night-time averages of 14°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 22°C and nighttime averages of -2°C
- About 38 millimetres of rain falls on Machida each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 28°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -2°C