Visitors to Yokosuka are sure to enjoy the shopping and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples, parks and festivals. Around the area, top sights include Hakkeijima Sea Paradise, Sankei-en Park and Yokohama Stadium.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodation options in Yokosuka
- The closest major airport is in Tokyo (HND-Haneda), 21.5 mi (34.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Tokyo (NRT-Narita Intl.), 54.3 mi (87.3 km) away
Getting around Yokosuka
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Yokosuka Chuo Station, Shioiri station or Oppama station. Yokosuka might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Yokosuka
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -2°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and -1°C as the night-time average
- Yokosuka gets about 1155 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 28°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -1°C