Visitors to Kawasaki are sure to enjoy the shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples, festivals and monuments. Top sights in the city include Kawasaki Daishi and Museum of Japanese Houses.
- You'll find 199 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Yokohama
- The closest major airport is in Tokyo (HND-Haneda), 5 mi (8.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Tokyo (NRT-Narita Intl.), 42.2 mi (67.9 km) away
Getting around Kawasaki
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Keikyu Kawasaki Station, Kawasaki Station or Kawasaki Hatcho-nawate Station. Kawasaki may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Kawasaki
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 15°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 26°C, whilst the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 18°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 23°C and nighttime averages of 3°C
- Average annual rainfall for Kawasaki is 52 millimetres
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 29°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 3°C