Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide.
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Feb 22, 2020
Travellers to Sapporo give high marks for the festivals and shopping. Tourists who journey to this scenic city can discover its seafood, sightseeing and beer. Top sights in the city include Sapporo JR Tower, Sapporo Beer Museum and Historical Museum of Hokkaido.
- There are 225 hotels and other accommodation options in Sapporo
- The closest major airport is in Sapporo (OKD-Okadama), 3.7 mi (6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Sapporo (CTS-New Chitose), 25.3 mi (40.7 km) away
Getting around Sapporo
With so many transport options, seeing Sapporo is a breeze. Walk to nearby metro stations like Odori Station, Sapporo Metro Station and Bus Center-mae Station. If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Daido station, Sapporo Station or Sapporo Soen Station.
Dressing for Sapporo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 8°C and the nighttime average to be -7°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and -1°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 19°C during the day and -6°C at night
- About 1176 millimetres of rain falls on Sapporo each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 24°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -6°C