Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide.
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Lantau, and visitors give high marks for the theme park and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its beaches. Hong Kong Disneyland, AsiaWorld-Expo and Hong Kong - Macau Ferry Terminal are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodation options in Lantau
- The closest major airport is in Hong Kong (HKG-Hong Kong Intl.), 6.5 mi (10.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Shenzhen (SZX-Shenzhen Intl.), 26.2 mi (42.2 km) away
Getting around Lantau
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Hong Kong Sunny Bay Station or Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Station. Lantau may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Lantau
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 13°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 30°C, whilst the average at night is 18°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 24°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 28°C and nighttime averages of 14°C
- About 81 millimetres of rain falls on Lantau each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 30°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 14°C