Travellers to Brooklyn give high marks for the abundant cafes and live music scene. Urban and scenic, this city attracts tourists with its entertainment and art. Top sights in the city include Brooklyn Museum and Brooklyn Botanic Gardens.
- You'll find 1510 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of New York
- The closest major airport is in New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.), 8.9 mi (14.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia), 10.4 mi (16.7 km) away
Getting around Brooklyn
With so many transport options, exploring all of Brooklyn is easy. Take advantage of metro transport at Newkirk Av. Station, Flatbush Av - Brooklyn College Station and Newkirk Av. Station. If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Brooklyn East New York Station, Brooklyn Nostrand Avenue Station or Brooklyn Flatbush Avenue Station.
Dressing for Brooklyn
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 13°C and the nighttime average to be -3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 28°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 29°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 21°C during the day and -2°C at night
- Brooklyn gets about 1269 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 28°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -2°C