George Town Hotels
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide.
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visiting George Town
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in George Town, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, shopping and beaches. Walkable and cultural, this city attracts tourists with its temples and museums. Top sights in the city include TESCO, Kek Lok Si Temple and Leong San Tong Khoo Kongsi.
- There are 400 hotels and other accommodation options in George Town
- The closest major airport is in Penang (PEN-Penang Intl.), 9.8 mi (15.7 km) from the city centre
Dressing for George Town
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 32°C and the nighttime average to be 22°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 23°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 31°C during the day and 23°C at night
- George Town gets about 68 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually March and February with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 22°C