Visiting Tai Po
Visitors can enjoy all that Tai Po has to offer including the shopping, restaurants and parks. Tourists can also enjoy the city's university setting and monuments. Top sights around the area include Mong Kok Computer Centre, Ladies' Market and OCT East.
- There are 685 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Hong Kong (HKG-Hong Kong Intl.), 22.4 mi (36 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Shenzhen (SZX-Shenzhen Intl.), 30.8 mi (49.6 km) away
Getting around Tai Po
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Hong Kong Tai Po Market Station or Hong Kong Tai Wo Station. Tai Po might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Tai Po
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 22°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 13°C
- From April to June, the average is 30°C during the day and 18°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 28°C as the daytime average and 14°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Tai Po is 81 millimetres
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 30°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 14°C