Visiting National City
Families will find kid-friendly activities in National City, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its beaches, zoo and shopping. Around the area, top sights include Balboa Park, San Diego Zoo and SeaWorld.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodation options in National City
- The closest major airport is in San Diego, CA (SAN-San Diego Intl.), 7.5 mi (12.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in San Diego, CA (MYF-Montgomery Field), 10.3 mi (16.5 km) away
Getting around National City
With so many transport options, exploring all of National City is a breeze. Head to 24th St Trolley Station for metro transport. You can explore options for water transport at the local marina.
Dressing for National City
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 19°C and the nighttime average to be 9°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 23°C during the day and 12°C at night
- July to September averages 25°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 23°C during the day and 9°C at night
- About 250 millimetres of rain falls on National City each year
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 24°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 9°C