Families will find kid-friendly activities in Jamaica, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. Tourists can also enjoy the city's architecture, cafes and live music. Top sights around the area include Long Beach, Brooklyn Museum and Floating Pool.
- You'll find 1504 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of New York
- The closest major airport is in New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.), 1.9 mi (3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia), 8.4 mi (13.5 km) away
Getting around Jamaica
With so many transport options, exploring all of Jamaica is a breeze. Walk to nearby metro stations like Terminal 1, Sutphin Blvd. Station and Archer Av. Station. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Jamaica Locust Manor Station, Jamaica St. Albans Station or Jamaica Station.
Dressing for Jamaica
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the nighttime average to be -3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 28°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 29°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 21°C during the day and -2°C at night
- About 1086 millimetres of rain falls on Jamaica each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 28°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -2°C