Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Chiba, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the shopping and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples, parks and monuments. Around the area, top sights include Disneyland® Tokyo, Tokyo Sky Tree and Sensoji Temple.
- There are 36 hotels and other accommodation options in Chiba
- The closest major airport is in Tokyo (NRT-Narita Intl.), 18.9 mi (30.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Tokyo (HND-Haneda), 19.1 mi (30.7 km) away
Getting around Chiba
With so many transport options, seeing Chiba is a breeze. Take advantage of metro transport at Yoshikawa-koen Station, Shiyakusho-mae Station and Kencho-mae Station. If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Keisei Chiba Station, Chiba Station or Chiba-Chuo Station.
Dressing for Chiba
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 14°C and the nighttime average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 24°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 29°C during the day and 18°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 23°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Chiba gets about 49 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 27°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 3°C