Visiting South San Francisco
Families will find kid-friendly activities in South San Francisco, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, shopping and local tours. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its cafes. Around the area, top sights include Twin Peaks, Lombard Street and Palace of Fine Arts.
- You'll find 564 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of San Francisco
- The closest major airport is in San Francisco, CA (SFO-San Francisco Intl.), 3.1 mi (5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Oakland, CA (OAK-Oakland Intl.), 11.9 mi (19.1 km) away
Getting around South San Francisco
With so many transport options, seeing South San Francisco is simple. Head to South San Francisco Metro Station to catch the metro. To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at South San Francisco Station.
Dressing for South San Francisco
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 17°C and the nighttime average to be 7°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September averages 23°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 23°C during the day and 7°C at night
- South San Francisco gets about 510 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 23°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 7°C