Families will find kid-friendly activities in Emeryville, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants and entertainment choices. Welcoming and urban, this city will delight tourists with its cafes, university and marina. Top sights around the area include Pier 39, Alcatraz Island and Lombard Street.
- You'll find 200 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Oakland
- The closest major airport is in Oakland, CA (OAK-Oakland Intl.), 9.8 mi (15.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Hayward, CA (HWD-Hayward Executive), 15.5 mi (25 km) away
Getting around Emeryville
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Emeryville is easy. If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Emeryville Station. You can find out about your options for water transport at the local marina.
Dressing for Emeryville
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 18°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 5°C
- From April to June, the average is 23°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 24°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 24°C as the daytime average and 5°C as the night-time average
- About 666 millimetres of rain falls on Emeryville each year
- September and August are usually the hottest months averaging 24°C, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 6°C