Travellers to Berkeley give high marks for the university vibe, fun sporting events and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its cafes, live music and theatres. Top sights in the city include Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive, Greek Theater and University of California Botanical Garden at Berkeley.
- You'll find 200 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Oakland
- The closest major airport is in Oakland, CA (OAK-Oakland Intl.), 11.3 mi (18.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Concord, CA (CCR-Buchanan Field), 14 mi (22.5 km) away
Getting around Berkeley
With so many transport options, seeing all of Berkeley is simple. Nearby metro stations include North Berkeley Station and Ashby Station. To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Berkeley Station.
Dressing for Berkeley
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 18°C and the nighttime average to be 5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 23°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 24°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 24°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Berkeley gets about 666 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 24°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 6°C