Luxury-minded travellers will find upscale places to stay in Stansted, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its bars, sporting events and spas. A top sight in the area is Kelvedon Hatch.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodation options in Stansted
- The closest major airport is in London (STN-Stansted), 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cambridge (CBG), 21.3 mi (34.3 km) away
Getting around Stansted
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Stansted Mountfitchet Station. Stansted might not have as many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Stansted
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 22 millimetres of rain falls on Stansted each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C