Visiting San Mateo
Families will find kid-friendly activities in San Mateo, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals and sporting events. Around the area, top sights include Mavericks, Computer History Museum and Twin Peaks.
- You'll find 565 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of San Francisco
- The closest major airport is in San Carlos, CA (SQL), 4 mi (6.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in San Francisco, CA (SFO-San Francisco Intl.), 6.3 mi (10.1 km) away
Getting around San Mateo
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from San Mateo Hayward Park Station, San Mateo Hillsdale Station or San Mateo Station. San Mateo might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for San Mateo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 18°C and the nighttime average to be 5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 24°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 24°C during the day and 6°C at night
- About 511 millimetres of rain falls on San Mateo each year
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 6°C