Visiting Mountain View
Travellers to Mountain View give high marks for the magnificent mountain views, live music scene and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its beaches, theatres and shopping. Top sights in the city include Computer History Museum and Shoreline Park.
- You'll find 566 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of San Francisco
- The closest major airport is in Palo Alto, CA (PAO-Santa Clara County), 4.6 mi (7.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in San Jose, CA (SJC-Norman Y. Mineta San Jose Intl.), 8.4 mi (13.5 km) away
Getting around Mountain View
You can walk to nearby metro stations including Mountain View Station, Evelyn Station and Whisman Station. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.
Dressing for Mountain View
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 27°C, whilst the average at night is 7°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 27°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 25°C and nighttime averages of 3°C
- Average annual rainfall for Mountain View is 399 millimetres
- Usually September and August are the hottest months with an average of 27°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 4°C