Visiting Santa Clara
Travellers to Santa Clara give high marks for the fun sporting events, top-notch restaurants and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, live music and university. Top sights around the area include Winchester Mystery House, California's Great America and Great Mall of the Bay Area.
- There are 53 hotels and other accommodation options in Santa Clara
- The closest major airport is in San Jose, CA (SJC-Norman Y. Mineta San Jose Intl.), 2.5 mi (4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in San Jose, CA (RHV-Reid Hillview), 8.3 mi (13.4 km) away
Getting around Santa Clara
With so many choices for transport, seeing Santa Clara is simple. You can walk to nearby metro stations including Great America Station, Old Ironsides Station and Lick Mill Station. To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Santa Clara Station or Santa Clara Great America Station.
Dressing for Santa Clara
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 5°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 27°C, whilst the average at night is 9°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 28°C with night-time averages of 13°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 25°C and nighttime averages of 5°C
- About 390 millimetres of rain falls on Santa Clara each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 28°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 6°C