Visiting Palo Alto
Travellers to Palo Alto give high marks for the university vibe, fun sporting events and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping, cafes and art. Top sights in the city include Stanford Shopping Center and Shoreline Park.
- There are 54 hotels and other accommodation options in Palo Alto
- The closest major airport is in Palo Alto, CA (PAO-Santa Clara County), 3 mi (4.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in San Carlos, CA (SQL), 8.6 mi (13.8 km) away
Getting around Palo Alto
With so many transport options, exploring all of Palo Alto is a breeze. Head to Palo Alto California Ave Station for metro transport. To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Palo Alto Station.
Dressing for Palo Alto
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 20°C and the nighttime average to be 3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September averages 27°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 25°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Palo Alto gets about 399 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 27°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 4°C