Visiting San Jose
Travellers to San Jose give high marks for the live music scene, fun sporting events and theatre. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, art and entertainment. Top sights in the city include Winchester Mystery House, San Jose Museum of Art and Tech Museum.
- There are 162 hotels and other accommodation options in San Jose
- The closest major airport is in San Jose, CA (SJC-Norman Y. Mineta San Jose Intl.), 3.1 mi (5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in San Jose, CA (RHV-Reid Hillview), 4 mi (6.5 km) away
Getting around San Jose
With so many transport options, exploring San Jose is simple. Take advantage of metro transport at Santa Clara Station, St James Station and San Antonio Station. To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from San Jose Diridon Station or San Jose College Park Station.
Dressing for San Jose
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 20°C and the nighttime average to be 5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 25°C during the day and 5°C at night
- San Jose gets about 390 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 28°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 6°C