Families will find kid-friendly activities in Pleasanton, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, fun sporting events and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals and entertainment. Top sights around the area include Great Mall of the Bay Area, Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum and Oracle Arena.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodation options in Pleasanton
- The closest major airport is in Hayward, CA (HWD-Hayward Executive), 13.2 mi (21.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Oakland, CA (OAK-Oakland Intl.), 18.8 mi (30.3 km) away
Getting around Pleasanton
With so many choices for transport, exploring all of Pleasanton is a breeze. Local metro stations include Dublin-Pleasanton BART Station and West Dublin-Pleasanton Station. To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Pleasanton Station.
Dressing for Pleasanton
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 30°C, whilst the average at night is 6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 12°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 27°C and nighttime averages of 3°C
- Pleasanton gets about 388 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 31°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 3°C