New Orleans Hotels
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide.
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Oct 19, 2020
Where to stay in New Orleans
This historic neighbourhood encapsulates the soul of New Orleans and has become one of the city’s most iconic attractions.
This green and pleasant district is an idea place for a stroll among magnificent mansions and beautiful parkland.
Disused warehouses have made perfect homes for trendy art galleries and restaurants in New Orleans’ rejuvenated centre.
Visiting New Orleans
History buffs will enjoy exploring New Orleans, and visitors give high marks for the live music scene, entertainment choices and fascinating museums. Tourists who journey to this walkable city can discover its bars, art and tours. Top sights in the city include Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Jackson Square and National World War II Museum.
- There are 1478 hotels and other accommodation options in New Orleans
- The closest major airport is in New Orleans, LA (MSY-Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl.), 11.5 mi (18.5 km) from the city centre
Getting around New Orleans
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from New Orleans Union Passenger Terminal or Slidell Station. New Orleans might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for New Orleans
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 25°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 7°C
- From April to June, the average is 33°C during the day and 14°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 34°C during the day and 20°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 29°C as the daytime average and 8°C as the night-time average
- About 1692 millimetres of rain falls on New Orleans each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 34°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 8°C