Search Hostels in Kota Kinabalu
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide.
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Kota Kinabalu
You could be seeing lower prices
Other property types in Kota Kinabalu
Borneo Beach Villas
Reviewed on Feb 24, 2020
Ming Garden Hotel and Residences
Reviewed on Aug 19, 2020
Dock In - Hostel
Reviewed on Oct 30, 2018
What Is a Hostel?
If you're searching for an affordable place to stay in Kota Kinabalu, one of its 34 hostels could be a great option. These dorm-style accommodation options come in lots of shapes and sizes, but they all have a few qualities in common:
- Low prices
- A social environment
- Shared rooms (though many hostels offer private room options too)
By going with a hostel in Kota Kinabalu, you can spend less on accommodation and save more of your budget for sightseeing during your holiday. We've heard good things about the marina and other attractions in this destination, as well as activities like boating.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Kota Kinabalu?
The weather can be important when you want to venture out and explore, so here's a little information that might be helpful:
- The hottest months are typically April and May, while June and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 31° C and night-time temperatures average 24° C
- April-June: 32° C is the daytime average and 24° C is the night-time average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 31° C and night-time averages are around 24° C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 31° C during the day and 24° C at night
- Average rainfall is 93 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Kota Kinabalu?
Depending on your interests, you might like these places to visit:Top Sights
- Sabah State Mosque
- Likas Stadium
- 1 Borneo Hypermall
- KK Esplanade
- Signal Hill Observatory Platform
- Kota Kinabalu Wetlands Centre
- Museum of Islamic Civilisation
- Sabah State Museum
- Monsopiad Cultural Village
Overall, Kota Kinabalu is known for its:
How to Get to Kota Kinabalu and Around the Area
You can find the closest airport in Kota Kinabalu (BKI-Kota Kinabalu Intl.), 4.1 mi (6.6 km) from the city centre. Once you've arrived, you might want to use public transport to get around. If you're hoping to check out more of the area, make your way to Tanjung Aru Station to take a train.