Families will find kid-friendly activities in Hayward, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This urban city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and university. Around the area, top sights include Computer History Museum, Lafayette Gallery and California's Great America.
- You'll find 199 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Oakland
- The closest major airport is in Hayward, CA (HWD-Hayward Executive), 2.1 mi (3.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Oakland, CA (OAK-Oakland Intl.), 7.9 mi (12.7 km) away
Getting around Hayward
With so many transport options, seeing all of Hayward is simple. Nearby metro stations include Hayward Station and South Hayward Station. To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Hayward Station.
Dressing for Hayward
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 19°C and the nighttime average to be 6°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 25°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 25°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Hayward gets about 20 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 6°C