Families will find kid-friendly activities in Gatwick, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, lively bar scene and shopping. Welcoming and walkable, this city also attracts tourists with its cafes. Around the area, top sights include Chartwell, Sheffield Park Garden and Chessington World of Adventures.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodation options in Gatwick
- The closest major airport is in London (LGW-Gatwick), 0.4 mi (0.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 24.6 mi (39.5 km) away
Getting around Gatwick
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Gatwick Express Station, Gatwick Airport Station or Crawley Gatwick Airport Station. Gatwick may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Gatwick
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the nighttime average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 21°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 25 millimetres of rain falls on Gatwick each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C