History buffs will enjoy exploring Okinawa, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and beaches. This cultural city also attracts tourists with its museums. A top sight in the city is Ikei Island.
- There are 726 hotels and other accommodation options in Okinawa
- The closest major airport is in Naha (OKA), 1.9 mi (3.1 km) from the city centre
Getting around Okinawa
You can take advantage of metro transport at Kenchomae Station, Asahibashi Station and Tsubogawa Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.
Dressing for Okinawa
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 23°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 13°C
- From April to June, the average is 31°C during the day and 17°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 22°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 29°C as the daytime average and 14°C as the night-time average
- About 1289 millimetres of rain falls on Okinawa each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 31°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 13°C