Search Hostels in Ma Wan
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide.
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Ma Wan
Other property types in Ma Wan
Noah's Ark Hotel & Resort
Reviewed on Mar 17, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 3, 2019
Hyatt Centric Victoria Harbour Hong Kong
Reviewed on Sep 9, 2020
What Is a Hostel?
If you're hoping to find low-cost places to stay in Ma Wan, a hostel could be a great option for you. No two hostels look exactly alike, but these dorm-style accommodation options all have the following:
- Shared rooms (though many hostels offer private room options too)
- Budget prices
- A social atmosphere
Hostels are a great way to stay in Ma Wan for a lower cost, so you can save more for going out.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Ma Wan?
Good weather's definitely a plus when you're experiencing new places, so here's a little information that may be helpful:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while February and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 22° C and night-time temperatures average 13° C
- April-June: 30° C is the daytime average and 18° C is the night-time average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 31° C and night-time averages are around 24° C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 28° C during the day and 14° C at night
- Average rainfall is 81 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Ma Wan?
Depending on what you're interested in, you might like these places to visit:Top Sights
- Hong Kong Disneyland
- Sky 100
- Hong Kong - Macau Ferry Terminal
- Stanley Main Beach
- Silvermine Beach
- Fa Hui Park
- Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts
- City Hall Concert Hall
- Hong Kong Cultural Centre
In general, Ma Wan is known for its:
- Theme parks
How to Get to Ma Wan and Around the Area
You can fly into the closest airport in Hong Kong (HKG-Hong Kong Intl.), 8.3 mi (13.3 km) from the city centre. An alternative is Shenzhen (SZX-Shenzhen Intl.), situated 25.7 mi (41.4 km) away.