Search Hostels in Johor Bahru
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide.
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Johor Bahru
Other property types in Johor Bahru
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Johor Bahru
Reviewed on Sep 12, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 29, 2019
Glex Hotel Signature
Reviewed on Mar 13, 2020
What Is a Hostel?
If you're in the market for somewhere affordable to stay in Johor Bahru, one of the 6 hostels here could be a great option for you. No two hostels look identical, but these dormitory-style accommodation options all have the following:
- Shared rooms (though many hostels offer private room options too)
- Budget-friendly prices
- A social environment
Hostels are a great way to stay in Johor Bahru for a lower cost, so you can save more for sightseeing. We've heard good things about the theme park and other attractions in this destination, as well as activities like shopping.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Johor Bahru?
The weather can be a big factor when you're discovering new places, so here's some information that might be helpful:
- The hottest months are typically May and April, while January and June are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 31° C and night-time temperatures average 23° C
- April-June: 32° C is the daytime average and 23° C is the night-time average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 31° C and night-time averages are around 23° C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 31° C during the day and 23° C at night
- Average rainfall is 76 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Johor Bahru?
Depending on how you want to spend your time, you might enjoy these places:Top Sights
- Singapore Turf Club
- National Orchid Garden
- Chinatown Heritage Center
- Taman Merdeka
- Danga Bay
- Puteri Harbour
- Sultan Abu Bakar Royal Palace Museum
- Royal Abu Bakar Museum
- Johor Bahru Chinese Heritage Museum
In general, Johor Bahru is known for its:
- Theme parks
How to Get to Johor Bahru and Around the Area
You can search for flights to the nearest airport in Johor Bahru (JHB-Senai Intl.), 8.3 mi (13.3 km) away from the city centre. An alternative is Singapore (SIN-Changi), which is 22.3 mi (35.8 km) away. When you're out and about, you may want to make use of public transport. If you're eager to see more of the area, head over to JB Sentral to catch a train.