Families will find kid-friendly activities in Fairfax, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants and fun sporting events. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, theatres and museums. Top sights around the area include Arlington National Cemetery, Lincoln Memorial and Jefferson Memorial.
- There are 24 hotels and other accommodation options in Fairfax
- The closest major airport is in Washington, DC (IAD-Washington Dulles Intl.), 9.8 mi (15.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Manassas, VA (MNZ-Manassas Regional), 13 mi (20.9 km) away
Getting around Fairfax
Metro stations nearby include Vienna Station and Dunn Loring Merrifield Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for Fairfax
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 16°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -5°C
- From April to June, the average is 31°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 23°C as the daytime average and -4°C as the night-time average
- About 1057 millimetres of rain falls on Fairfax each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 30°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -4°C