Visiting Walnut Creek
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Walnut Creek, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront, shopping and top-notch restaurants. Scenic and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. Lafayette Gallery, Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Concord and Chabot Space and Science Center are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 72 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Concord
- The closest major airport is in Concord, CA (CCR-Buchanan Field), 5.8 mi (9.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Oakland, CA (OAK-Oakland Intl.), 15.3 mi (24.7 km) away
Getting around Walnut Creek
Metro stations nearby include Walnut Creek Station and Pleasant Hill-Contra Costa Centre BART Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for Walnut Creek
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 20°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 5°C
- From April to June, the average is 30°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 28°C as the daytime average and 5°C as the night-time average
- About 450 millimetres of rain falls on Walnut Creek each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 31°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 5°C