Search Hostels in Kowloon
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide.
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Kowloon
You could be seeing lower prices
Other property types in Kowloon
Royal Plaza Hotel
Reviewed on Nov 1, 2020
New World Millennium Hong Kong Hotel
Reviewed on Oct 19, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 5, 2020
What Is a Hostel?
If you're hoping to find a low-cost place to stay in Kowloon, one of its 102 hostels could be a great choice. These dorm-style accommodation options come in quite a few forms, but they have three main things in common:
- Budget prices
- A social setting
- Shared rooms (though many have private options too)
By staying at a hostel in Kowloon, you can reduce your spending on accommodation and save more of your money for going out during your stay. We've heard good things about the waterfront and other attractions in this destination, as well as activities like shopping.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Kowloon?
Good weather's definitely a plus when you're experiencing new places, so here's some information about the seasons:
- The hottest months are typically August and July, while February and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 22° C and night-time temperatures average 13° C
- April-June: 30° C is the daytime average and 18° C is the night-time average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 31° C and night-time averages are around 24° C
- October-December: The average temperatures are 28° C during the day and 14° C at night
- Average rainfall is 81 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Kowloon?
Depending on what interests you, you might enjoy these places to visit:Top Sights
- Hung Hom Star Ferry Pier
- Hong Kong Coliseum
- Mong Kok Computer Centre
- Fa Hui Park
- Kowloon Park
- Kowloon Bay
- Hong Kong Space Museum
- Hong Kong Cultural Centre
- Ko Shan Road Park
Generally, Kowloon is known for its:
- Cultural attractions
How to Get to Kowloon and Around the Area
You can fly into the nearest airport in Hong Kong (HKG-Hong Kong Intl.), located 16.8 mi (27 km) from the city centre. Another option is Shenzhen (SZX-Shenzhen Intl.), situated 33.2 mi (53.4 km) away. After you've arrived, you may want to make use of public transport. Local metro stations include Whampoa Station and Kowloon Station. To explore more of the surrounding area, catch a train at Hong Kong Kowloon Bay Station, Hong Kong Choi Hung Station or Hong Kong Ngau Tau Kok Station.