an aged property in a hard to access part of Caalan beach. For some reason normal transportation from el nido do not go to this area so you have to arrange pick up from the property. this easier said than done and took us lots of effort to communicate with them. You should also be aware that Caalan beach is not a place to swim during low or high tide- do not let others tell you otherwise. We were here for 3 nights and did not see anyone swiming in it. Our net take is that the Caalan beach area is the least desirable place to stay in el nido and prices asked for stays here are high and not worth it. Golden monkey not worth the price you pay.
- El Nido Main Beach
- 11 min walk
- Parish of St Francis of Assisi
- 19 min walk
- El Nido Dock
- 2 min drive
- El Nido (ENI)
- 6 min drive
Choose dates to view prices
Book online or call:1 800 1 114 2468
About this area
- El Nido Main Beach - 11 min walk
- Parish of St Francis of Assisi - 19 min walk
- El Nido Public Market - 2 min drive
- El Nido Dock - 2 min drive
- Seven Commando Beach - 2 min drive
- Where to eat
- On-site dining venue – Ocean-view restaurant offering local and international cuisine. Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner daily.
- Second on-site dining venue – Ocean-view bar offering local and international cuisine. Serves light fare daily.
About this property
Golden Monkey Cottages
A restaurant, dry cleaning and tour/ticket assistance are available at this smoke-free hotel. WiFi in public areas is free. Other amenities include a garden. All 15 rooms provide complimentary wireless Internet access, furnished balconies or patios and minibars. Room service (during limited hours), coffee/tea makers and free bottled water are among the other amenities available to guests.
Special check-in instructions
If you are planning to arrive after 10 PM, please contact the property in advance using the information on the booking confirmation.
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at the time of service, check-in or check-out.
- Fee for cooked-to-order breakfast: PHP 250 for adults and PHP 250 for children (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: PHP 700 per vehicle (one way)
- Late check-out is available for a fee (subject to availability)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No on-site parking is available. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
We should mention
Property is also known as
- Golden Monkey Cottages Hotel
- Golden Monkey Cottages El Nido
- Golden Monkey Cottages Hotel El Nido
- Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
- Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Food and Drink
- Food and drink
- Cooked-to-order breakfast available for a fee daily 7:00 AM–10:00 AM: PHP 250 for adults and PHP 250 for children
- 1 restaurant
- Room service available
- Free cots/infant beds
- Family property
- Free WiFi
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Luggage storage
- Front desk
- Laundry service
- Daily housekeeping
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Wheelchair-accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Air conditioning
- Cribs available
- Rollaway beds (surcharge)
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer (on request)
- Free toiletries
Food and Drink
- Coffee/tea maker
- Balcony or patio
- In-room safe
Nearby things to do
- Snorkelling on site
- Scuba diving on site
- Kayaking on site
Where to eat
Would not go there again.
The only hotel I’ve stayed at in the Philippines who hasn’t been able to help us with transportation (within Palawan). Air condition stopped working. Couldn’t pay with card though it said they could in description in front desk. No beach nearby and it’s not easy to get there, bumpy road and you’d have to walk very far or pay the hotel to give you ride with tricycle (other tricycles wouldn’t go there). Hotel had no restaurant and there’s only one restaurant nearby where it was really expensive. Breakfast staff was very helpful and friendly. The room had a stunning view over the ocean, but that’s it.