Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelLuxury San Francisco hotel in Downtown San Francisco, walk to TransAmerica Pyramid
Popular property highlights
Located in Downtown San Francisco, this luxury hotel is within a 10-minute walk of Grace Cathedral and TransAmerica Pyramid. Lombard Street and Westfield San Francisco Centre are also within 1 mile (2 km).
2 restaurants, a full-service spa and a nightclub are available at this smoke-free hotel. Other amenities include 2 bars/lounges, a health club and a bar/lounge.
All 592 rooms offer comforts such as pillowtop beds and Frette Italian sheets, plus iPod docking stations and flat-screen TVs with digital channels. Guests will also find 24-hour room service, wireless Internet access (surcharge) and high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge).
Fairmont San Francisco
In addition to a full-service spa, Fairmont San Francisco features a health club and a sauna. Dining is available at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants, and guests can grab a coffee at the coffee shop/café. Guests can unwind with a drink at one of the hotel's bars, which include 2 bars/lounges and A bar/lounge. Wired and wireless Internet access is available at a surcharge.
Business amenities at this 5-star property consist of A 24-hr business centre, a limo/town car service and meeting rooms. Event facilities measuring 55000 square feet (5110 square metres) include conference rooms. This luxury hotel also offers a nightclub, a rooftop terrace and spa services. Parking is available on-site at a surcharge.
Fairmont San Francisco is a smoke-free property.
- Express check-in
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Newspapers in lobby (surcharge)
- Rooftop terrace
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Fitness facilities
- Full-service spa
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms 52
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Built in 1907
- Coffee shop or café
- Steam room
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Self parking (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Health club
- Wired Internet access - surcharge
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 5110
- Spa services on site
- Luggage storage
- Hair salon
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- 24-hour business centre
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 55000
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Designated smoking areas
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 592
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
Where to Eat
Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 11:00 AM.
Caffe Cento – This restaurant specialises in regional cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch and light fare. Open daily.
Tonga Room – This restaurant specialises in Asian cuisine and serves dinner and light fare. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Happy hour is offered. Open selected days.
Laurel Court – This fine-dining restaurant specialises in local cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and light fare. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Open daily.
24-hour room service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a health club and a sauna.
Guests can indulge in a pampering treatment at the hotel's full-service spa, Club One. Services include massages, facials and body treatments. The spa is equipped with a sauna, a spa tub and a steam room. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy.
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Steam room in spa
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 50.0 per day.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets are allowed for an extra charge of USD 75 per pet, per stay.
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: between USD19 and USD38 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 13.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 13.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 13.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: USD 13.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self-parking fee: USD74.10 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD74.10 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD75 per pet, per stay
- Refrigerator fee: USD25.00 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD50.0 per day
- Fairmont San Francisco Hotel
- Fairmont San Francisco
- San Francisco Fairmont
- Fairmont Hotel San Francisco
- The Fairmont San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- The Fairmont San Francisco Hotel
- The Fairmont San Francisco
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
This is an Expedia Rate property.
Awards & Affiliations
- Fairmont San Francisco is listed in the 2011 Travel + Leisure 500.
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.