- Liked: Property conditions & facilities, room comfort
- Desaru Beach
- 2 min walk
- Desaru Coast Adventure Waterpark
- 3 min drive
- Tanjung Balau Beach
- 8 min drive
- Singapore (SIN-Changi)
- 80 min drive
Your dates need to occur after 2020-02-18. Try updating your dates to see prices for your trip.
About this area
Located in Bandar Penawar, Sand & Sandals Desaru Beach Resort & Spa is on a private beach. Desaru Coast Adventure Waterpark is a popular attraction and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Desaru Beach and Tanjung Balau Beach.
- Desaru Beach - 2 min walk
- Desaru Coast Adventure Waterpark - 3 min drive
- Desaru Fruit Farm - 7 min drive
- Tanjung Balau Beach - 8 min drive
- Changi Beach Park - 79 min drive
- Johor Bahru (JHB-Senai Intl.) - 57 min drive
- Where to eat
- Sand & Sandals – Restaurant offering international cuisine. Serves breakfast daily.
- Fortune Kitchen – Restaurant offering Chinese cuisine. Serves lunch and dinner daily.
- Shiokaze Teppan – Restaurant offering Japanese cuisine. Serves lunch and dinner daily.
- Beach – Serves light fare daily.
About this property
Sand & Sandals Desaru Beach Resort & Spa
Food and drink
- Disliked: Cleanliness, staff & service
Was supposed to check in 2 rooms at 3pm, I reached at 5pm and was informed that the second room was still not available, and no idea on when will it be ready. Finally collected the room at 630pm, but they gave me a 2 single bed room although I had paid for a room with king bed. They asked if it’s possible for them to combine the 2 beds into 1 for us. I gave a straight nah to their face. Hence, they upgraded it to sea view. Upon entering to that prestige “sea view” room, floor was oily, saw a dead small cockroach in the bathroom floor, balcony bench was dirty and oily too. I decided to give it a last chance and requested for room service to mop the floor. After mopping, I was surprised to see that the floor feels the same. I gave up all hopes and took it as my bad luck. That’s all I have to say.